And now...the first edition of the monthly gardening activities. Feel free to suggest activities, games, etc. Enjoy!
- Start to plan your outdoor garden, talk about the types of fruits and veggies that you class wants to plant and/or decide on a theme for your garden
- Plant a microfarm! January is the perfect opportunity to use this innovative indoor gardening technique. Click here for blueprints and more information
- Jan. 6 is Bean Day. Read "Jack in the Beanstalk," sample various types of beans, dissect a bean and see what's inside.
- Jan. 19 is National Popcorn Day. Instead of using the traditional popcorn, plant popcorn microgreens in your microfarm and have students taste it. They can even compare and contrast it to traditional popcorn.
- Jan. 21 is Squirrel Appreciation Day. Use this as an opportunity to talk about all of the creatures that will visit your garden. You can also try to track squirrel footprints in the snow!~