- Tempera paints
- Paper plates
- Paint brushes
- Various fruits and vegetables, such as potatoes, cucumbers, star fruit, apples, mushrooms, carrots, or broccoli.
- Cut fruits and vegetables into manageable sizes for kids to use as stamps. If you're feeling creative, try carving shapes, such as stars, hearts or letters, out of the potatoes or other fruits and vegetables.
- Put tempera paint onto paper plates for each student.
- Instruct students to use the paint brushes to apply paint to the fruits and vegetables and then stamp them onto paper. Students can create collages or try to create a holiday scene for a holiday card.
- Don't forget to remind students to not snack on their stamps. ;)
- Let their artwork dry and then proudly display their work around the classroom or give as gifts!
(photo from http://whipup.net/2006/09/18/veggie-prints/)